We are pleased to welcome you to our website and blog. The site is an extension of our companion website, Garden Gateways Photo Tours, which is “A website dedicated to the entertainment, education and inspiration of people who love private, public and natural gardens.” Although both of these websites are devoted to that stated objective, GardenGateways.com will focus more on the practice of design as used within this context.
We are providing a platform for landscape design professionals such as landscape architects, landscape designers, landscape contractors and others who use their knowledge and experience to benefit property owners and society in general, by creating meaningful places of beauty for those who visit or reside in those environments. Non professional visitors may use our website to be informed, entertained and inspired to create beautiful landscapes with or without professional assistance.
Specific to Garden Gateways as a visitor or subscriber, you will be able to review constantly changing submitals by our staff, or external contributors, in the following categories of interest:
- Garden Narratives: These theme random and timely articles are postings of interesting and informative articles on landscaping and landscape design subjects.
- Musical Video Tranquilizers: Enjoy musical videos featuring gardens, places of great natural beauty, animals and people in garden environments.
- Garden Profiles: These segments will feature private and public gardens of interest and may include articles, pictorials, videos, etc.
- Garden Themes: This segment will feature articles describing garden or landscape themes and assist homeowners and landscape designers in the selection of themes for their personal projects.
- Green Stuff: Visit this segment where we feature interesting, beautiful and useful plants, flowers and trees, all with reference to the climate zone they are comfortable growing in.
- Hard Stuff: Visit this segment where we feature non plant elements such as water features, terraces, walkways, bridges, gazebos and much more. It will help you decide what ideas to use in your designs.
- Design Concepts: Conceptual ideas received from landscape design professionals, that display their creativity, are displayed within these pages to inspire other designers.
- My Garden/Your Garden: These pages display brief presentations of photos and videos of private gardens designed by both professional and non professional landscape designers and are worth of sharing with our subscribers.
- Shared Landscape Design Videos: Many relative videos will be continually selected from relative video sources and embedded within our site from YouTube, Vimeo, Houzz and other web entities that allow their videos to be shared.
As you can see, there will be much to interest you if you are interested in landscapes. We hope you will visit us often and if you wish, subscribe. We will send you emails to let you know that we have added fresh postings or other additions. Of course, at any time that you feel you would prefer not to receive emails it will be simple to “unsubscribe.”